With the growing adhesion to remote and hybrid regimes, new challenges and positions arise, the physical and emotional distance between employees and the company. Therefore, Human Resources sees an increased effort to enhance the motivation, unity and confidence of its teams.
Team building activities can be a response to remote/hybrid working models, as their purpose is to foster team spirit by strengthening bonds between employees. In addition to helping to improve productivity and contribute to the success of the organization.
There are several advantages associated with this type of activity:
- Development of communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Development of leadership and creativity skills, as it challenges team members to think differently and look for creative solutions.
- Enhanced teamwork and cooperation, as it allows team members to get to know each other better, build stronger relationships and develop a sense of community.
- Increased motivation and confidence, with participation in challenging activities, employees create bonds with each other and learn to trust each other and the team, promoting well-being in the organization.
- It increases and improves productivity, a connected and well-integrated team tends to be more productive.
- Talent retention, as human resources show that they care about the development and well-being of their employees, which, in a decision-making process, can lead the best talents to choose to stay with the company.
Ideas and initiatives for activities:
- Creative workshops (painting, pottery or even dance classes);
- Escape rooms;
- Scavenger hunt or peddy paper;
- Team sports and competitions (Karting, surf, padle, golf);
- Trust falls exercises;
- Outdoor activities (tree climbing, slide, rappelling or climbing);
- Happy-hour or sunset;
- Monthly snacks at the office;
- Christmas or Saints dinner;
- Annual event.
At worldIT, the most important and fundamental pillar for the business is our people. Although many are working remotly and distributed across the map, we seek to create and foster team spirit. One of the ways we have found to do this is precisely through the dynamization of various team buildings.
Keeping work teams motivated is essential for the success of any company, regardless of its size!
Done by the worldIT Human Resources team:
Maria João Simões;